Twinks House

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

GREEN TEA

As I was sitting here this morning trying to figure out what to post, I glanced over at my seeping cup of hot, wonderful GREEN TEA and decided to post some pretty interesting information on it. I am your everyday, gym crazed, psycho, health nut. Over the past couple months I've been looking into different supplements, meal replacements, foods and drinks that could help me to just feel good and energized each and every day. As most people know green tea has been around for a long time and there have always been rave reviews about the health benefits of drinking green tea. Since there are so many different health recommendations on the market these days, I thought I'd attach a few facts about this great and all natural health source you can get anywhere. Here are some of its benefits;

Benefits of green tea and its effects were discovered 4,000 years ago and since then has been considered a wonder drink! The green tea ingredients are the ones responsible for its amazing health benefits. They are called polyphenols! Polyphenols are considered the most effective of all antioxidants and the amounts as well as the effects are far higher compared to black tea. Asian population are experiencing the effects and benefits of drinking green tea. Statistics have shown that Asians have a lower risk of acquiring diseases because of their healthy lifestyle. Another health benefit of green tea is it's potential to act as a protective agent against premature death from heart disease and cancer. Drinking this tea is said to lower the levels of total cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol, thereby reducing platelet aggregation, and helping keep blood pressure in check. Other health benefits of drinking green tea are the following:

• fights against
cancer

• helps stabilize
diabetes

• prevents cardiovascular disease
• it keeps your skin
acne-free
, making it healthier and prettier
• assists in
weight loss
regimen
• slows the aging process
• aids your digestion
• encourages bowel regularity
• provides you with a mild stimulating effect without causing sleepless nights or nervousness especially during
pregnancy


You can do a lot of things with this green drink. The health benefits are not only confined to drinking but you can also medicate with it. What else? You can cook with it! Use the leftover liquor to water your plants, and keep your cat's litter box fresh and pleasant smelling. These powerful health benefits of green tea cannot be compared to any other substance in the world without a single side effect. I drink green tea once a day in the morning right when I get to work and I keep a fully loaded drawer of it and some herbal honey. So what are you waiting for??? Have you had your green tea today?
posted by twink at 8:26 AM

12 Comments:

I drink it a lot!! love the stuff...


pssssttt - other bloggers - I know what she eats when she goes to Jack in the Box. ;)

9:01 AM  

Hey taddle tail, don't tell them about the mozarella sticks, cheese fries, and tacos. Opps my secret is out. I am a closet Jack in the Box customer. hehehehe.

9:18 AM  

what brand do you recommend?
do you have a favorite?
will green tea decrease sexual arousal because I so have to slow down?lol

10:26 AM  

I would hope not TC; I'm hopping that little bit of mild stimulating effect will keep us going like the energizer bunny..LOL. I actually use Tazo, Zen Green Tea from Starbucks, but I had hear of another one that is supposed to be pretty good, but can't remember the name. I'll take a look when I get home and let you know :)

10:52 AM  

The benefits of green tea are amazing, but I'd still rather drink gin & tonic. ;-)

Welcome back to Bloggerville!

1:55 PM  

Hey BT!!!! Great to hear from you. Again it was great meeting you last November at the 3 day. I hope you and your lady are doing well.

..and I agree with the gin and tonic over the green tea...LOL :)

2:33 PM  

what up - girl?

7:11 AM  

Hey,

Nothing; I have a stupid meeting at 10:00am I'm not looking forward too and today I have a ton of work to get done now that Charlie is back. I will be on sporadically today and not to much on email. It has to be one or the other ya know. What's up w/you?

8:01 AM  

ha same here, i miss the emailing but i really need to concentrate on work and my new role. my trip is getting close. i posted about it, if you have time. have a good day.

8:43 AM  

YOU???? A health nut? Come girl...I was just out with you on Sat! LMAO...

Green tea is excellent for you...great post. I like Tony would just settle for the booze...hahaha

luv ya!

9:04 AM  

Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder how in the hell you are....LMAO

9:15 AM  

hahahaha..you are a funny one. I am trying to figure out what to blog today, but as of now can't come up w/anything. I know it is HNT, but I have no pics that will suffice. I'll have to work on that :)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home