Twinks House

Monday, July 17, 2006

Auditions, Auditions, Auditions


Well, now that the dance stuff is over with I'm finally moving onto my first love. Singing. I've been hitting the singing auditions pretty hard. I've loved singing ever since I was a little girl in my choir at church, and in my chorus at elementary school. I did talent shows in junior high, and high school and sang in a college level choir at Penn State. I'm no stranger to Kareoke Bars either :) Guess its just been my dream for as long as I can remember to be a vocalist and now that I've got the time to pursue something I'm going to do it. Over the past 5-6 moths I've auditioned with a few bands (i.e, Cheap Date, garage band with no name, Velvet Crush etc.). Most recently I auditioned with these phenomonal musicians in Poway. I think I'm a pretty good singer; actually, I think I'm a damn good singer, but these guys were out of my leaugue and unfortunately someone else came in that nailed it. It's cool though, because I had such a good time and they were so good that it just motivated me to be better. I've got two more auditions coming up in the next few weeks. One is with an established band named Arrowhead (mostly classic to modern rock), and the other is with a country/rock band that is forming. I'm anxious to see where things go and I plan on widening my musical horizon by starting up guitar lessons again, as well as, voice lessons. Anyway, I'll keep you posted and thanks for visiting.

Check out Arrowhead's website at
www.arrowheadsd.com
posted by twink at 4:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home