Twinks House

Monday, April 23, 2007

A Friendship Story

A friend of mine forwarded this to me and I thought it was a good story to share, as we all go through this at one point or another in our lives. It is sad, but a true fact....that not all people you consider your friend are true friends, but you live life and continue to learn and grow, and those that are true friends know. Enjoy!

"A FRIENDSHIP STORY"

Friends in need, real friends and fairweather friends
'A friend in need, is a friend indeed' is a popular saying, implying that people become friends when they need something from you. Whilst this can indeed be true, the reverse is also significant. When you are in need, then you find out who are your real friends.

An acquaintance found out recently that she has a chronic medical condition. Nothing visible and nothing to stop her living a normal life, but something that will occasionally flare up and cause discomfort. She also found out something of the difference between real and fairweather friends.

She informed them simply because she is an open and honest person. There was no seeking of particular help. Perhaps a little sympathy, but no special treatment or additional attention. When she told some friends, they responded with concern. They listened without asking anything in return. They asked how they could help. These were real friends.

Others, who she also believed to be friends of the same sort, responded first with selfish concerns. They asked if it was infectious in any way or that might somehow catch it. Then they melted away, despite reassurance of their safety.

Fairweather friends are those who are most likely to appear when they are in need or, at best, when you are not in need. Real friends don't care about your need. They will help where they can and know that it's ok if they can only offer a little sympathy.

This must be something like what it is to have cancer, HIV or AIDS. Those who were friends when all was well suddenly show their true colors, whilst some from the core and some from the periphery fly the true flag of friendship, offering and giving what help they can.
posted by twink at 9:40 AM

37 Comments:

GREAT story Lisa! I'm glad that I have you for a TRUE friend!

Love ya sista!

10:32 AM  

I love you too!!!!!!!!!!! Big smooch *KISS*. I am going to comment on your blog, it is just very long today (which I can't wait to read..looks like a good story), I just have to get through some of this morning workload.

Luv ya sista!!

11:33 AM  

It's actually a bunch of little stories...lol

4:40 PM  

That's SO good. I've got a bit on friendship over at mine but yours is SO good. Look you've got me at it I just said that twice
Take care

5:54 AM  

Great post twink.
will you be my friend?
tc

3:32 PM  

You even find out some of the people you thought would never leave you , like family , will leave you high and dry . Been there seen that !

5:05 PM  

jillie if you need to cyber with other sad bastards like gman how about you do it here, go to his blog or get a sex chat room to do it instead of hijacking posts in more serious blogs?

12:17 AM  

what the heck is up with michael??? i would delete his comment...great story....true friends are hard to find....so have not seen you at my blog?? hope you have a great weekend, call me if you have free time, i will be at work.

7:51 AM  

Oviously Micheal...you DON'T have the balls to even confront me in my own blog...

12:59 PM  

hello...........

7:14 AM  

HELLLLLLOOOOOO???????? LMAO

5:46 PM  

where is she????? LMAO

6:40 AM  

Great story.

7:08 AM  

just stopped by to say hi.:)
tc

4:52 PM  

where oh where has my twinkie gone
oh where oh where can she be?
hugs
tc

12:14 PM  

Hi Twink U ok?

2:11 PM  

Happy Birthday!!! I just came over from Jillie's and she says that it's your special day. Have a good one.

9:33 PM  

Happy Birthday to YOU!
Love,
~d

9:56 PM  

Happy Happy Birthday my friend.:)
tc

4:06 AM  

Happy Birthday.
I've bought you over a cake

9:26 AM  

Happy birthday Liza. I hired a stripper just for you today. Pop over to my blog and check him out. He really very hot and sexy!

1:50 PM  

Hi everybody, thanks so much for taking the time to come over and wish me a special day!! Jillie is so awesome and amazing. I am so lucky to have her. I promise to try and get more into my blog again. I'll do an update over the weekend with a big THANKS for all of you.

Love my cake EZBP

Thanks for the Stripper BT

Thanks TC..big hug

Thanks so much d and Carla...you all are so awesome!! Have a great day!

Luv, Lisa

4:24 PM  

Happy belated birthday, Twink, hope you had a great day. :-)

4:26 AM  

Here from NURSERATCHED to wish you belated Happy Birthday all the way from Norway:-)

Btw: Great story - thanks for sharing!

1:40 AM  

Soo true, and unfortunately, we learn these things at a time of crisis.

10:08 AM  

Today on my daily photo Blog about the Town of Château-Gontier (France) my subject is about humanism.
It is high time that humanism is with dimensions in Wall Street and on the other stock exchange places in the world.
Come and visit my photo blog.
Make that our indifference does not make us to them next victims.
Relay this fight in your own blog.
In advance thank you for them.
http://chateau-gontier-daily-photo.blogspot.com/

4:42 AM  

çok güzel bir site.

2:05 PM  

I think you can be just fine!

Remember..
The person you were bumbled.
The person you were will bumble again.
You have to change the person.

8:26 PM  

I be sleepin on hay last nigth. Praze Mr. Pride and all his glory.

6:28 AM  

nice post

1:06 PM  

Hello my dear. You have beautiful hairs.

2:44 PM  

Hello pretty lady. We are looking for women to join in on our conference tonight. If you can only say hi we will be greatful.

Thank you my friend.

Akbar

6:11 PM  

The bumblers be swarmin all over my cornbread today!

8:04 PM  

If you like cats, visit
http://www.atumbisnaga.blogspot.com/

In portughese i'd say: Se gostas de gatos, visita
http://www.atumbisnaga.blogspot.com/

8:56 AM  

“Heroes in Pink” … Go Girls!!!!

Woo Hoooooooooo

9:54 AM  

Hi Twinks...
Jess here,
Read ur story its very true, kind of my own incident...

Fortunately Gad has showered me with world's best parents & few real frens to support me..
The best part is even my birthday falls on 23rd April

Keep up the good work..

Ciao!!!

1:38 AM  

I love this post and I hope that any of my friends would definetly say I am a friend for life I never expect anything in return and I always have a shoulder to cry on or an ear that they can vent in. Friendship to me is priceless. Great post. My 55 is up

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home